Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE : Zone 1 -Beauséjour
FACILITY : Mental Health Community Center - Moncton
DEPARTMENT : Mental Health
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 10 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of working evenings and weekends
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the nurse provides a full range of psychiatric nursing services and care to the clientele of the CMHC with various mental health disorders. The incumbent provides services such as assessment, treatment, therapeutic helping relationship, crisis intervention, rehabilitation, prevention and promotion. The incumbent must use a holistic approach and perform various interventions facilitating clients' recovery.
- Diploma from a recognized school of nursing, a postsecondary course in mental health and at least three years' experience in a psychiatric setting;
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year's experience in a psychiatric facility;
- Member in good standing of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- ASIST training or completion of this training as soon as possible following hire;
- Valid BLS certificate or completion of this certificate within three months of hire;
- Skills using computer tools;
- Sensitivity, empathy and respect;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Effective communication;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership and good decision-making abilities;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Sound clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with the community network;
- High level of professional independence.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.