Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Campbellton
DEPARTMENT : Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (Approximately 1 year) AND casual
FTE : 1.0 AND 0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Variable Rotation - Days, evenings, weekends
May be required to work evenings & weekends to meet operational needs
This position requires travel with own vehicle within the region, and flexible work hours
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the successful applicant will offer a full range of professional social services to CMHC clients with various mental health problems. The Social Worker will provide services such as evaluation, therapy and counselling, crisis intervention rehabilitation, prevention and promotion. He/she must have a holistic approach and offer a variety of interventions to facilitate recovery of the client.
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an approved school of social work;
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Experience in mental health or addictions would be an asset;
- Knowledge of various issues in mental health or addictions;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) or a commitment to undertake such a course;
- Sound professional judgement and good analytical thinking;
- Leadership and good decision-making capacity;
- Good organizational skills and ability to establish priorities;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with external community organizations;
- Demonstrate sensitivity, respect and empathy;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment