Food Services Supervisor (2029)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY : Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Food and Nutrition Services
CLASSIFICATION : Food Services Supervisor (2029)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Variable (Rotation) - Possibility of 8 or 12 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The incumbent will assign, supervise and coordinate food services activities including catering functions.
- High School Graduation or GED;
- Degree/diploma from an approved Food Service Supervisory course or Diet Technician course or equivalent demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutritional supplements;
- Three (3) years recent related experience and demonstrated supervisory ability;
- Good computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities;
- Tact, initiative, independent judgement, and resourcefulness in dealing with administrative detail;
- Knowledge of MedDietary food service computer management system would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Spoken and written knowledge in English and French is required .
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment