Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Madawaska Regional Correctional Center
DEPARTMENT : Madawaska Regional Correctional Center
CLASSIFICATION : Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
9.5 hour shifts, one weekend every 2
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the supervision of and in close cooperation with the nurse, the incumbent will deliver nursing and comfort care needed by patients using a systematic approach in accordance with the facility's philosophy and objectives. The incumbent will participate in some diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive interventions.
N.B.: These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the area.
- High school diploma (Grade 12) or general education diploma (GED) and successful completion of licensed practical nursing course;
- Active member of the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses;
- Successful completion of a recognized BCLS course and update completed within the past year;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Patient communication skills and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Ability to work with potentially aggressive and violent clients;
- Ability to briefly describe desired position and explain interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French and English is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "