Project Engineer, Water Reources
WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is instrumental in the expansion and improvement of transportation networks throughout Ontario. We are seeking bright and motivated water resources intermediate engineers to develop the innovative drainage solutions that are needed for these projects.
Working out of our Oakville, Ontario office, you will need a solid understanding of hydraulics, hydrology, and the guidelines related to road and bridge design in Ontario.
If you are looking for an environment that will foster creative designs for drainage issues, join WSP and help us create for the future of resilient solutions.
- Manage the design of drainage projects under the direction of the Project Manager;
- Review preliminary and detailed drawings, designs and plans;
- Review calculations and technical assessments;
- Prepare and review hydraulic and hydrologic models;
- Prepare reports and other project related documentation;
- Assist with preparing presentation materials and proposals;
- Field work may be required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering (focus on water resources) or related discipline;
- Eligible to be licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a consulting environment;
- Knowledge of MTO and municipal drainage standards and specifications;
- Familiarity of Visual OTTHYMO, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS, and related computer models;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and ARC GIS;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment;
- Excellent initiative and attention to detail;
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities.
- Experience with Microstation, InRoads an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.