GIS Developer / Technologist
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a GIS Developer/Technologist person to join our Geomatics group located out of our Toronto site office reporting to the project GIS Lead. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded professional who can apply GIS principles and processes in initiating, planning, executing, and controlling a diverse range of GIS tasks with emphasis on GIS data conversion, GIS analysis, ESRI software administration and Web GIS publishing. Experience in the use of ArcGIS and programming in Python is a requirement. Experience in the use of AutoCad and Geocortex would be highly favored and MicroStation would be an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of ArcGIS products to enable processing and analysis
- Create ModelBuilder scripts to improve workflow efficiencies
- Edit and prepare data for upload to GIS web applicaton (Geocortex and Arc Online)
- Import Autocad/Microstation files to Arcmap and ArcPro and retain important information and esthetic display
- Create schemas for various engineering departments (transportation, asset management and planning)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Access for assisting in database development and integration with GIS data
- Create Geocortex web portals with query, data gathering and reporting workflows
- Administration of enterprise geodatabase and ArcGIS Server
- University Degree in Related discipline, College Post Graduate Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in a production environment is required
- Proficient in the use of ArcGIS and Arc Online is required
- Ability to develop Model Builder Scripts is required
- Experience with Python is required
- Experience with VB.NET or C# is required
- Experience with HTML 5 and Geocortex would be an asset
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microstation would be an asset
- FME experience would be an asset
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Proficient in the use of office computer applications (Word, Excel, Access etc)
- Previous experience in geomatics or planning is considered an asset
- To succeed in this position you must be highly motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and a team player committed to providing high quality service
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and strategic thinker
- Positive and professional attitude with all internal and external clients.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.