Medical Laboratory Technologist 5 (LT05)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beausejour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory - Chemistry
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 5 (LT05)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8 hour shifts
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
This is a primarily administrative position that also involves clinical and technical monitoring, performed under the general supervision of the manager or the Regional Director of Laboratory Services. The position's duties include the following: managing the staff as well as the clinical and technical activities of the sector; taking part in local, regional and provincial interest groups; participating in the administrative duties of Laboratory Services; being responsible for the sector's quality control and improvement programs; identifying equipment needs; and performing any other related duties to meet the needs of Laboratory Services in the zone.
- Active member of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Advanced Registered Technologist (ART) certification in biochemistry from the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science OR;
- Bachelor's degree in the discipline or a related field;
- At least six years' experience in biochemistry, acquired over the past 10 years;
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of new tests and protocols;
- Proven leadership and staff management skills;
- Proven ability to function in various situations;
- Proven teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable in order to maintain and improve the quality of services;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- A bility to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment