Senior Financial Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Senior Financial Analyst, Wireless Performance Management
We're looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst to be a part of our Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) Wireless Finance team in the role of Sr. Financial Analyst, Wireless Performance Management. Reporting to the Sr. Finance Manager, Wireless Performance Management, you are a professional that can interface with cross functional teams and senior management with the objective of providing end to end Finance support in a fast-paced environment. This dynamic position is ideal for high potential candidates who have built extensive experience in traditional finance roles and are seeking experience in a hybrid finance/operational role. The portfolio of responsibilities is extensive and requires a well-rounded, versatile candidate capable of excelling in all areas, including planning, reporting, operational controls, strategic analysis, and system development.
What you?ll be doing:
- Run month end process for Wireless Portfolio from a consolidated point of view and analyze key business indicators
- Develop and implement standardized processes and reporting for Wireless Portfolio, including month end, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with Wireless Finance team to ensure data requirements are met on a regular basis; identify areas of improvement to existing data management processes
- Communicate and advise business partners on current wireless portfolio performance (profitability and related metrics)
- Work closely with Business primes to support achievement of financial targets and identify business risks & opportunities
- Develop and implement strong controls to validate data/report integrity for the wireless portfolio
- Work closely with the Senior Financial Analysts, Wireless Performance Management to support data management and consistency across the portfolio
- Work closely with EBU Data & Analytics team to develop new and enhance existing processes to improve data management for wireless portfolio
- Continuously streamline, improve and innovate processes while maintaining documentation
- Develop new and/or enhance existing processes to improve forecast accuracy and performance management.
- Support the Sr. Manager in ensuring financial objectives are being met and that all relevant financial processes and procedures are being adhered to
- Lead special projects / ad-hoc assignments as required
What you have:
- Minimum 2-3 years of related finance and business experience
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) or an MBA completed, or in progress
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting principles with IFRS perspective, excellent analytical capabilities and strong process documentation skills
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and modeling skills required
- Experience with reporting languages and automation programs is an asset (VBA, SAS, SQL, MS PowerQuery)
- Strong business acumen and Wireless industry knowledge / experience is an asset
- A strong track record of being able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritization of tasks, with a focus on quality and details.
Builds strong relationships
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with an adaptable and collaborative style
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with peers and superiors across organizational lines
- Identifies and prioritizes high importance requests both internally and with clients
- Exercises sound judgment, can make decisions with a sense of urgency and assumes responsibility for decisions, actions, and results that have an impact on people and/or service quality
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail ? this involves the ability to work quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities
Not sure if you should apply for this role? Talk to your Manager or your HR Business Partner.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What does it mean to join Canada?s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It?s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It?s a thrill. It?s rewarding. It?s Rogers.Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements: None Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis Requisition ID: 131292 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Toronto || [[mfield2]] ||