Senior Manager, Domestic Tax
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Manager, Tax your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a wide range of tax services which may include complex corporate reorganizations, merger and acquisition planning, estate and succession planning, and general tax advice to dynamic and growing privately held businesses
- Managing and reviewing corporate tax planning and compliance engagements
- Improving on the financial operation of the practice by developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients from a variety of disciplines
- Playing a leadership role in the business unit, service line, community and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the business plan
- Sharing knowledge for the development and implementation of strategy to build the business
- Contributing to new business development by understanding Grant Thornton and its service lines, as well as utilizing your credibility in the field
- Engaging, coaching and developing talented professionals within the practice to maximize their potential for growth
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- CA, CGA or CMA Designation, with a minimum of 7 years' experience
- Completion of the CICA In-depth I and II tax program, or Masters in Tax
- Experience in corporate and personal tax planning and compliance.
- Ability to influence others and garner the respect of both staff and partners within the service line
- Demonstrated experience in practice development, business development and management
- A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of the client
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Keen interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth
- Demonstrated ability to meet the professional requirements and competency expectations of the role
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Have some questions? Need more details? Connect with Eryn.OShaughnessy@ca.gt.com to learn more about this amazing opportunity. As the Recruiter for this position, she can help you create your own story at Grant Thornton.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.