Senior Manager, Assurance (some audit)
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Manager, Privately Held Business in Assurance your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and executing a wide range of large to mid-sized audits and review engagements
- Research and business advisory of complex accounting and auditing matters
- Contributing to new business development by understanding all Grant Thornton services
- Acting as a leader in the business unit, service line, and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the office business plan
- Maximizing engagement profitability
- Effectively utilizing engagement resources
- Analysis and review of client prepared financial statements, reports, filings etc.
- Planning and leading teams to ensure that client expectations are clearly communicated
- Planning and executing fieldwork assignments including budget and resource needs
- Supervision and mentoring of an accounting team, including the review of files
- Participating in the coaching and performance management process of the practice by conducting timely performance reviews, providing ongoing feedback and training to develop team members.
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Assurance? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- CPA/CA Designation required
- At least 8 years accounting-related experience
- Superior technical expertise in accounting and auditing, both privately held business and publically listed company experience an asset
- Commitment to quality, excellence and continual professional growth for yourself and for those you manage
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, including exceptional interpersonal skills to earn the trust and confidence of clients and colleagues at all levels and influence decision-makers
- Strong management skills, especially in areas of scheduling, organizing, supervising and multi-team managing
- Self-motivated, results-oriented multi-tasker who works equally well independently and collaboratively.
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Have some questions? Need more details? Connect with Eryn.OShaughnessy@ca.gt.com to learn more about this amazing opportunity. As the Recruiter for this position, she can help you create your own story at Grant Thornton.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.