Senior Manager, Assurance (some audit)
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
A career in Assurance with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist businesses in specific industry sectors with a wide range of accounting, audit, regulatory and advisory services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with engaged professionals who are respected in their fields
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
As a Senior Manager, Privately Held Business in Assurance your responsibilities will include:
- Providing solutions to our clients for accounting matters and working with them for growth in current business and financial conditions
- Leading and executing client engagements under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
- Contributing to new business development by understanding all Grant Thornton services and by using your credibility in the field
- Acting as a leader in the business unit, service line, and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the office business plan
- Maximizing engagement profitability by effectively utilizing engagement resources
- Analysis and review of corporate and personal income tax returns, NTRs and Reviews (Non-Public Company Audit experience would be an asset)
- Planning and leading teams to ensure that client expectations are exceeded
- Supervision and mentoring of an accounting team, including the review of files
- Engaging, coaching and developing talented professionals within the practice to maximize their potential for growth
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Assurance? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- CPA designation is required
- At least 8 years' experience in public accounting or related industry
- Superior technical expertise in both accounting and tax
- Commitment to quality, excellence and continual professional growth for yourself and for those you manage
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, including exceptional interpersonal skills to earn the trust and confidence of clients and colleagues at all levels and influence decision-makers
- Strong management and leadership skills, especially in areas of project management, multi-team managing, coaching and developing team members
- Self-motivated, results-oriented multi-tasker who works equally well independently and collaboratively
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Have some questions? Need more details? Connect with Eryn.O'Shaughnessy@ca.gt.com to learn more about this amazing opportunity. As the Recruiter for this position, she can help you create your own story at Grant Thornton.
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.