Senior Associate, Business Risk Services (IT)
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
As a Senior Associate, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Execute assigned client engagements from start to completion, which includes the overall planning, execution, direction and completion of information systems audit, IT consulting, cybersecurity, enterprise risk management and compliance projects, and managing the engagements to budget
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends, systems and processes to identify security and risk management issues and opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with clients, and provide exceptional client service
- Identify and develop new opportunities for additional advisory services
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be an Senior Associate? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- 1-2 years of relevant IT experience
- Completed degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required
- A strong desire to help clients succeed in all aspects of their operations
- Effectively interacting with people at various levels throughout an organization
- Enthusiasm for helping businesses grow and adding real value
- Working independently and as part of a team, as well as seeing a project from start to finish
- Ability to keep up to date, understand and communicate business implications of emerging technologies and IT risks
- Strong client service focus, with consistent project delivery that is timely, efficient and effective
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to manage priorities and execute multiple simultaneous assignments
- Proven investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a reliable level security clearance from the Government of Canada
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.