Senior Accountant, Assurance
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Accountant in our Assurance Services Practice your responsibilities will include:
- Providing recommendations and solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
- Planning, preparation and execution of financial statements with appropriate note disclosures
- Working with clients under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
- Planning and executing fieldwork assignments including budget and resource needs
- Analysis and completion of corporate and personal income tax returns
- Working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service
- Supervision of junior accounting staff
- Analyze financial statements
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Accountant, Assurance? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- Newly designated CPA or working towards their CPA designation and has successfully written and passed the Uniform Final Evaluation (UFE)/ Common Final Evaluation (CFE)
- Completion of relevant university/college program
- At least two years' experience in public practice or related industry
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.