People & Culture Consultant
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
We currently have a part time (3 days a week) opportunity awaiting an inspirational and motivated People and Culture Consultant. As part of our People and Culture team in New Brunswick, you will be integral to the attraction, engagement and development of our colleagues at all levels. If you are passionate about the field of human resources and have an ability to engage those around you to grow an award-winning, high performance organization, this is your opportunity.
As a People and Culture Consultant, you will:
- Actively support the implementation of our People and Culture strategy including talent attraction, engagement and development.
- Collaborate with our Talent Attraction team to ensure a seamless candidate experience throughout all recruitment.
- Engage our People Managers to inspire and develop talent as well as grow their own coaching and management skills.
- Provide extraordinary internal client service for cyclical or event-based processes and projects, including growth plan review, compensation, or exiting.
- Provide support to the business unit on the firm's talent management and HRIS system, WorkDay, including reporting.
- Support workforce, succession and growth planning through proactive analysis and provide recommendations to leaders.
- Collaborate with our Inclusiveness Partner and Committee to achieve the Firm's Leading Inclusively mission.
- Occasional travel to our 8 locations in NB for attraction, engagement, and development opportunities.
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walking in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be a leading People and Culture Consultant? Like the colour purple? Great! Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- At least 5 years of Human Resource experience and a post-secondary diploma/certificate in HR.
- CPHR designation, professional coaching accreditation, and/or professional services experience is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation and current HR theories and practices.
- Strict confidentiality, high levels of diplomacy, influencing abilities, and attention to detail.
- A true business partner collaborating strategically with leadership.
- Demonstrated experience building rapport and coaching leaders to elevate their own coaching skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day is different and you effectively balance calmness with a sense of urgency.
- Insatiable curiosity coupled with a willingness to experiment to create opportunities and reinvent yourself to adapt to a dynamic world.
At GrantThornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.