Accountant, Privately Held Business [non-audit]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an Accountant, your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Bookkeeping preparation and posting of client transactions
- Planning and execution of notice to reader engagements, including preparation of financial statements
- Performing reconciliations of bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparing personal and corporate tax returns, partnership returns, trust returns and GST returns
- Assisting a broad range of small business clients with day to day accounting queries
- Completing additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be an Accountant, Privately Held Business? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- An accounting certificate, diploma or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to compile trial balances, financial statements and corporate income tax returns
- Canadian tax experience including preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and ability to quickly grasp new technological tools
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and collaborate with peers and clients
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a public practice setting would be considered an asset
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English
- Self-sufficient and proactive with ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience with CaseWare is an asset
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.