Accountant, Privately Held Business
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2000 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That's what's most important to us. We're building a special organization that's purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is (ours is grape, just so you know).
A career in Assurance with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of accounting and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and expand your chosen career path, and join in shared leadership
- Be part of an environment of excellence with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of projects
As an Accountant, Privately Held Business, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a team of professionals to meet client deadlines, and deliver high quality file work
- Completion of Notice to Reader and Review engagements and documentation in Caseware
- Analysis and initial review of financial statements and financial statement notes
- Completion of corporate and personal income Tax related returns (T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T5013)
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens.
Think you've got what it takes to be an Accountant, Privately Held Business? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and put into practice
- Demonstrates strong technical expertise in accounting, and an enthusiasm to pursue further learning in these areas
- 1+ years of experience in accounting related roles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to providing an exceptional client experience and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.