Engineer, Electrical, SCADA & Facilities
WSP in North Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an Engineer (SCADA Systems) to join our Infrastructure department, located at our North Vancouver office.
- Provide assistance to the SCADA / Electrical Manager in the preparation of proposals and business development;
- Undertake preliminary and detailed design engineering tasks working with the electrical group;
- Undertake SCADA and automation master planning;
- Provide assistance in SCADA assessments and audits;
- Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice;
- Provide assistance with SCADA System Designs, SCADA and control systems panel layout and I/O wiring, design, Communications Designs;
- Conduct RF path survey and on-site RF path testing;
- Conduct Instrumentation and control loop design, PLC/ RTU and SCADA system design, control panel designs;
- Conduct programming of human machine interfaces (HMI), programmable logic controllers (PLC) and remote telemetry units (RTU);
- Conduct construction inspections and supervision;
- Other technical support duties for the SCADA iand electrical department as required;
- Ensure that solutions offered and delivered reflect the needs of private sector, municipal, provincial, and federal clients as the case may be;
- Ability to work as a member of a project team;
- Work under limited supervision to solve problems and routine tasks with regards to company guidelines, standards and regulations; and
- Attend and participate in business meetings as required.
- Relevant qualification (Diploma/Bachelors in Electrical Engineering/Technologists or equivalent), with appropriate combination of education and experience;
- An educational background in Control Systems, Engineering/Technology and Computer systems programming is required;
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) or as an Applied Scientist (A.Sc.T.) in British Columbia;
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in design, programming and field commission of innovative radio frequency-based SCADA systems, utilizing PLCs and RTUs;
- Experience with programming of HMI systems such as Rockwell, Citect, Wonderware Intouch, GE iFIX, Schneider Electric's ClearSCADA, RTUs such as Schneider Electric's SCADAPack, Motorola Moscad / ACE and PLCs such as Allen Bradley, Modicon and GE including DCS systems is a definite asset;
- Experience in radio and wireless communications systems (licenced and unlicensed), radio path survey and analysis and radio configurations and testing would be an asset; and
- Good written and verbal communications is required as is an aptitude for writing reports, memos and proposals.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC