Technologist, Land Development
WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Technologist (CAD) for various land development and municipal projects based out of our Calgary office. Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure, this position will be responsible for CAD and field inspection on land development and municipal projects.
- Utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge in projects from concept to completion;
- Engineering record drawing preparation for land development and municipal projects;
- Miscellaneous assistance to project manager with day to day project operations;
- Preparation of specifications and reports.
- Construction inspection on projects in Southern Alberta;
- Resolving construction issues with the assistance of the site project manager and field supervisors;
- Quantity measurements, daily reporting, and participation in construction meetings;
- Communications/scheduling with city/county/municipal inspectors on assigned projects to ensure compliance with contract standards/specifications; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil or Construction Engineering Technology graduate;
- 3+ years of experience in CAD and field inspection;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- A Working knowledge and familiarity with Civil 3D is required. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook also valuable;
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASET as a CET or PTech;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently to meet project deadlines, in both an office and field environment; and
- Valid driver's license.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.