It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it's an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
Cashiers play a critical role in customer service by providing customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service. Cashiers process transactions, answer customer questions, and ensuring customers leave satisfied. They proactively assist customers and direct them to open cash registers and various departments.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure every item is scanned
- Process Checkout and obtain payment
- Monitor and maintain the Self-Checkout area
- Ensure inventory accuracy
- Follow all Home Depot policies and procedures
- Ask customers for proof of purchase when necessary
- Achieve cashier metrics on a daily basis
- Be aware of store promotions and rebates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous cashier experience would be an asset
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends