Senior Director, BA for Global Derivatives
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining CIBC's Capital Markets Technology (CMT) department, reporting to the Sr. Director/Head, Global Derivatives and Fixed Income Technology. The Senior Director, Global Derivatives is responsible for overall technology planning and IT project management, development and business analysis, ensuring strategic and tactical IT plans are developed to enable long term business vision through the achievement of business and T&O KPIs. This includes responsibility for the business partner relationship and ensuring the development of a direct partnership with Senior Executives.
How You'll Succeed
- Technology Delivery: Review, approve and provide expert technical guidance on the operational vision (or business case) and application architecture, to ensure they are aligned with enterprise strategies/standards and satisfying the technical strategy and design for the business. Oversee the completion of project deliverables by providing appropriate leadership and resources; ensure optimal quality of the applications while delivering solutions that are aligned with the business strategy; deliver on time and on budget and successfully meet commitments with high quality.
- Strategic Relationship Management: Partner with Capital Markets front office and contribute to overall business strategies; identify opportunities to leverage technology to meet business goals, increase efficiency and create robust platforms that support operational excellence; sets an overall application technology strategy. Liaise with third party vendors regarding contract negotiations; understand and validate the vendor technical architectures to ensure they are aligned with the enterprise standards and/or are well understood by employees and have the necessary approvals from governing bodies within the enterprise.
- Strong Leadership: Provide technology leadership and strategic direction to Technology & Operations executive teams as required. Balance running daily business of Global Derivatives technology while establishing long term technology strategies and roadmaps aligned to enterprise architecture direction, with a view to continuous improvement. Be a bold and authentic leader who is passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. Provide direction, motivate, develop and manage performance of the management team and key staff.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with a thorough understanding of Trading Application product lifecycles and industry best practices. Ideally, you have extensive experience leading and developing BA/PM teams supporting a Capital Markets client group (preferably with emphasis on Derivatives focused technologies). You possess strong vendor negotiation and management experience, combined with extensive practical experience in Business Analysis and/or client solution delivery in order to understand and verify technical designs. Expert level of knowledge in design and analysis methodology is also desirable. It's an asset if you have previous experience working with Calypso or WallStreet trading applications.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity. You have passion for client service and you want the work you do each day to result in a positive client experience.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit