Operating Mechanic - Insulator
Operating Mechanic - Insulator
Nackawic, NB, Canada Req #50
Thursday, December 6, 2018
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following which is an "Operating Mechanic" position in Mechanical Maintenance: Insulator.
Reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor and ultimately, the Mechanical Superintendent, the successful candidate will work within a crew to execute daily maintenance activities and/or capital and major maintenance projects internal to the Nackawic Mill.
- Attend pre- and post-shift crew meetings with Supervisor daily
- Execute scheduled maintenance daily addressing break-ins as required
- Work closely with Supervisors & Operations groups to support day to day operations
- Complete Preventative maintenance checks and work orders as assigned
- Work on capital and/or major maintenance projects if so assigned
- Recommend improvements to procedures, practices & plans, as part of continuous improvement
- Respond to Call Ins and work overtime as required
- Work at heights and in confined spaces
- Hold a valid journeyman trade certificate with Insulator qualifications
- Sufficient training & experience to be considered competent to independently lead Asbestos abatement
- A minimum of two years post-secondary education
- Candidates with recent trade experience and specifically in Pulp & Paper would be considered an asset
- Candidates with sheet metal fabrication & installation expertise would be considered an asset
- Interpretation & use of drawings, specifications & manufacturer's installation guidelines related to insulation & cladding systems
- Removal/reinstallation of a host of insulation & cladding systems in support of repair efforts
- Installation of new insulation & cladding systems in support of new construction
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
- Candidate must be able to work safely and promote safety in the workplace
- Able to adapt to various work assignments
- Successful candidate must be committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Employees must be prepared to continue training and participate in the employer's training program
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application before December 30 th 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Nackawic, NB, Canada