Associate Estate Planning Specialist
CIBC in Montreal, QC
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Wealth Management is focused on providing excellence in relationship-based advice, service and product solutions that meet our clients' needs. We have a comprehensive offer that addresses the full spectrum of wealth building clients, from self-directed investors to high net worth private wealth individuals to institutional clients.
CIBC Wealth Management is comprised of three areas - distribution, product and money management. Our distribution network includes our full-service brokerage, CIBC Wood Gundy, and our online brokerage.
CIBC Wood Gundy offers in-depth investment expertise on a comprehensive range of investments including industry-leading managed solutions, securities (equities, bonds, trust units, mutual funds, alternative investments), insurance, as well as financial and estate planning. CIBC Wood Gundy's extensively trained and accredited Investment Advisors help clients build and preserve their investment portfolios.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com .
Working in partnership with the Estate Planning Specialist (EPS), the Associate Estate Planning Specialist addresses the needs of CIBC Wood Gundy clients by providing comprehensive estate planning solutions by incorporating financial planning services and recommending solutions in the areas of estate planning, retirement income, succession planning and other corporate needs and philanthropy. The Associate Estate Planning Specialist also provides ongoing servicing of all insurance products (except segregated funds) held by the CIBC Wood Gundy clients for which they are responsible.
The Associate will work with an Estate Planning Specialist, Investment Advisors and their clients at a CIBC Wood Gundy Branch that will act as their home base, but may also be assigned to clients at one of the satellite branches. Within the branch, Associates will be supervised by and report directly to the xxx while also maintaining a reporting relationship with the Branch Manager.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build relationships with Investment Advisors, educating and motivating them to assess and evaluate the appropriateness of solutions to meet CIBC Wood Gundy clients' financial and estate planning objectives.
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan, adjusting as required to meet agreed-upon targets
- Maintain a portfolio of insurance clients with a focus on financial and estate planning, including an annual review of in-force policies
- Work with Investment Advisors, clients and prospects to analyze and identify insurance needs using appropriate products, planning methods and tools, engaging the Investment Advisor according to mutual preferences (and as advised by the Estate Planning Specialist).
- Develop the capability of all assigned Investment Advisors and Branch Offices to sell various life insurance concepts directly to their clients and prospects
- Develop life sales jointly with assigned Investment Advisors
- Consult with Investment Advisors (and the Estate Planning Specialist) regarding illustrations, product selection and application reviews prior to the completion of sales
- Participate in seminars for clients and prospects, in collaboration with Investment Advisors
- Ensure adherence to all CIBC Wood Gundy Financial Services policies and procedures, including maintenance of complete and accurate files for insurance clients
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan , competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Continued education is required on an on-going basis
What We're Looking For
- Must be fluently bilingual (English/French)
- Previous finance/ sales/entrepreneurial work experience and a proven track record of achieving results.
- Certified Financial Planner or equivalent required (IQPF in Quebec)
- Life Insurance license (including Accident and Sickness) or current LLQP required
- Canadian Securities Course an asset
- Working knowledge of business/finance/economics acquired through the combination of a university degree within a related field/Industry related designation and/or relevant experience
- Knowledge of insurance concepts, products and services
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills required to build strong, positive, trusting client relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills sufficient to meet multiple/ tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Communication skills: writing skills sufficient to prepare proposals and presentation/seminar materials; presentation skills to convey both factual and conceptual information and ideas to clients and Investment Advisors
- Working knowledge of PC applications, including financial planning software