Upper River Valley Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 915156
Horizon Health Network in Upper River Valley, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35953 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Upper River Valley
DEPARTMENT: 2 East Medical General Unit
FACILITY: Upper River Valley Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour (Subject to employment status)
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, provides quality patient care within the scope of professional practice to patients and families during the medical as well as the surgical pre and post-operative experience. The successful candidate participates in the delivery of care to medical, palliative, rehabilitative, surgical, alternative level of care and pediatric patients along with performing other duties as assigned. The successful candidate may be reassigned throughout the department as required.
- Active registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Demonstrates clinical competency, communication and team building skills
- Demonstrates assessment skills and ability to function independently
- Demonstrates ability to respond to emergency situations, rapidly changing priorities and complex patient care needs
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and decision making abilities that contribute to positive health outcomes
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy
- Quality work record
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Submits a current resume
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Identifies patient needs and collaborates with other staff in meeting these needs. Administers treatments and medications as ordered by medical staff.
- Observes, records, and evaluates patient's progress.
- Provides a comfortable, orderly, clean and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Supervises techniques and care given by other team members
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of the work.
- Assists in teaching patients, subordinate and new staff.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are properly used and maintained.
- Identifies patient's needs and develops, revises and utilizes appropriate nursing care plans assuring optimal nursing care to all patients.
- Willing to accept additional education and training as needed to provide quality care to a changing patient population
- Works closely with other hospital departments, and assists in other units, in response to changes in workload to provide adequate coverage in all areas.
- Assumes responsibility for upgrading their own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice (including current CPR recertification).
- Responsible for identifying areas to improve upon or incidents through Horizon Health Network's Healthcare Incident Reporting System (HIRS)
- Participates with staff meetings.
- Participates in committee work as required.
- Actively participates in the ongoing enhancement of services and care provided to patients on the unit.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 12, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018- 35953 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.