Miramichi Physiotherapist 1 (PT01) PCN 1750870
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35926 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist
CLASSIFICATION: Physiotherapist 1 (PT01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, TEMP: January 28, 2019 to July 17, 2020, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $30.6520 to $36.5648 per hour (Subject to employment status)
JOB PURPOSE: The Physiotherapist is responsible for providing assessment, consultation and clinical services for individuals with physical dysfunction or pain.
- University degree in a related field. Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapist of New Brunswick and eligible for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Physiotherapist is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing guidance and support to therapy assistants and other health care providers
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
- Participating in developing and sharing information related to clinical skill sets, best practices and clinical guidelines
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Professional Competencies identified by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (2009):
- Professional Accountability
- Communication and Collaboration
- Professional Judgment and Reasoning
- Client Assessment
- Physiotherapy Diagnosis/Clinical Impression and Intervention Planning
- Implementation and Evaluation of Physiotherapy Intervention
- Practice Management
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 9, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018- 35926 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.