Regional Manager - Building Science Toronto
Founded in Quebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is one of Canada's largest soils, materials and environment organizations.
Englobe is distinguished by the credibility it has built up over the years and its people-centred values. Its 1,800 employees provide recognized expertise to a long roster of clients across Canada and abroad. The Englobe name is a guarantee of quality.
The Building Science Group requires a professional engineer specialized in building science with over 15 related years of experience in managing a team and dealing with building owner customer.
The mission of the Regional Manager is to ensure the commitment and the optimal use of the resources of the team under their supervision. Under the supervision of the department Director, the candidate must contribute to the success of the department through his business development and his help with recruitment in order to achieve the objectives of business volume and the profitability of the departments.
The regional manager ensures the success of the projects and the satisfaction of the internal and external customers. They coach the team members technically and take charge of certain projects.
- Helps achieve budgeted business volume and expansion of client accounts through business development and recruitment.
- Ensures and manage client satisfaction
- Makes decisions for optimal use of the resources which make up the team (level of experience: junior, intermediate and senior)
- Manages the mobilization, motivation and retention of employees (retention rate and commitment)
- Collaborates and ensures the proper utilization of the department resources in multidisciplinary projects - Project Manager satisfaction rate
- Develops or ensures that the team develops a quality contact with the client
- Identifies the trends of the activity area and suggests ways of developing the services offered
- Seizes business opportunities
- Participates in the business development of the company's departments as 'hunter' and 'farmer'.
- Collaborates as needed with the global development team
- Participates in major proposal processes and write operational proposals
- Identifies the opportunities to adapt to the service offered to the changing needs of the client and participate in their implementation
- Identifies continuous improvement initiatives and achieves the goals set for these initiatives
- Maintains the quality of services offered - good level of quality service and deliverability vs timeliness
- Assists the Project Managers in the deployment of efficient working methods adapted to the reality of the market
- Ensures balance of workload
- Participates in the design and deployment of communication systems
- Ensures follow-up of deliverables
- Identifies resource requirements (number and skill)
- Contributes to the talent identification through participation and the support of requests in the recruitment process
- Assigns resources to the right projects (allocates the right kind of resource to the position requirement)
- Provides the relevant technical supervision, carry out or delegate the technical operation and provide the tools
- Engages in training people of the departments in health and safety and do the necessary audits
- Evaluates the skills development needs of the team's staff and make recommendations to the department Director regarding the appropriate technical training programs;
- Ensures compliance with administrative requirements, issuing time sheets, expense reports, schedules, etc.
- Manages underperformance and recognize the performance
Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Participates in the identification of hazards, the evaluation and the determination of the elements of risk management. Transmits any proposed addition or modification, such as a new task, a new hazard, a new requirement from a client, to the corporate OHS team
- Informs new employees at their hiring and, thereafter on a regular basis, on the preventive measures they must follow to perform their duties (Job Safety Analysis training)
- Performs task observations with its employees
- Ensures employees are aware of up to date safety rules, insisting on their compliance and respond to questions and comments from their staff
- Facilitates the deployment and execution of activities from the company's OHS management system and promotes health and safety in his/her department
- Supports the provision of safety equipment and materials for its staff and provides a framework for their maintenance and upkeep
- The department Directors and Team Leaders are responsible for accompanying and supporting Project Managers and Discipline Officers in personnel management and PPE
- Ensures that information is properly transmitted to the OHS corporate team or OHS Advisor as soon as possible, within the Operation of any accident, occupational disease or incident suffered by an employee in the course of his duties, complete and provide all the required documentation and, where applicable, sees to the success of the temporary assignment
- Supports visitors and subcontractors who intervene in their facilities
- Identifies, on request, the first responders who will act in case of emergency in their establishments
- Ensures the progress of the processing of non-conformities and requests for corrective or preventive actions related to OSH that have been recorded in the department.
- Coaches Disciplinary Officers and Project Managers (give value to the project)
- Participates as needed in the start-up, review & report of the project
- Manages particular projects in the capacity of an acting Project Manager
- Disciplinary Officer for certain projects
- A licensed engineer in Building Science
- 15 years of experience in a similar role
- Elaboration of plans and specs for roofing, Waterproofing, Building envelop, PCA's, Multi level parking remediation works.
- Being bilingual is an asset.
- Back ground experience and project details would be required.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.