MIS Coordinator - Zone 5 (Restigouche) and Zone 6 (Acadie-Bathurst)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : To be determined
FACILITY : To be determined
DEPARTMENT : Results Measurement
CLASSIFICATION : MIS Coordinator - Zone 5 (Restigouche) and Zone 6 (Acadie-Bathurst)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : December 3, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager of Performance Measurement, the MIS Coordinator ensures the coordination and a standardized implementation of guidelines related to the Management Information System (MIS) to obtain financial and statistical data that are reliable and comparable between zones, provincial Health Network and nationally. The coordinator is responsible for giving advice to and informing administration and management staff about related documentation standards, their application and challenges encountered and for suggesting solutions to identified problems. The coordinator is responsible for updating, compiling and electronically transferring the financial and statistical data required by government agencies and for producing various related reports.
- Undergraduate university degree in health, administration or a related field;
- Training in statistics or a related field is considered an asset;
- Three years' experience in a similar position or with CIHI information management systems-related experience ;
- Advanced Excel skills and demonstrated expertise working with computerized systems and software packages (Access, Meditech, Microsoft suite, etc.);
- Good organizational skills and be able to serve as a change agent
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Knowledge of hospital management and clinical operations
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator ;
- A combination of training and experience deemed equivalent may be considered;
- Ability to work independently ans as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment