Psychologist 1 (PC01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Family Medicine Unit (Dieppe)
DEPARTMENT : Long Term Adult Services
CLASSIFICATION : Psychologist 1 (PC01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK:
Mainly day shifts, possibility of evening shifts
8 hour shifts
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : January 2019
Under the direction of the Mental Health Program Manager and in collaboration with the FMU physicians, the psychologist will provide a full range of psychological services for the FMU physicians' clientele with various mental health issues. The psychologist will provide services such as assessment, individual or group therapy, crisis intervention, rehabilitation, prevention and promotion. The psychologist will also act as a resource person for the FMU's physicians as well as for clients and their loved ones on all matters related to psychosocial balance.
- Master's in clinical psychology followed by at least three years of supervised clinical work, or a doctorate in psychology followed by at least one year of supervised clinical work;
- Certified member under the terms of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick Act ;
- ASIST training or commitment to take this training, one year of professional experience related to assessment and intervention in health psychology acquired over the past five years;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Effective communication skills, ability to implement educational approaches and health promotion approaches, proven ability to organize and manage their work and perform self-directed work;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office suite);
- Leadership skills and good decision-making skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively on a team and in partnership with the organizations and other services involved with the client, ongoing interest in developing skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment