Analyst, HR Data & Org Management
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 48264
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Human Resources
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for an Analyst, HR Data and Org Management to join our National HR team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Subject matter expert in the area of organizational management set up and maintenance in the SAP HR system
- Primarily responsible for the foundational HR data structure in the SAP HR system
- Provide in-depth support to all levels of management in the areas of organizational management, system set up, access and user security for the HR SAP system
- Responsible for data input integrity and requirements; working with various areas of the HR Function to ensure that organizational set up and requirements supply the needs of all HR systems and processes
- Responsible for the legislative compliance and maintenance of WCB rates and tables as it pertains to the organizational structure
- Conducts detailed investigations into system accesses, approval workflows, and structure relationships when issues within the organizational set up are identified
- Understands the integration and end-to-end business processes, in order to problem solve payroll issues, integration points and dependencies with other systems
- Problem -solve and perform in-depth analysis, working with complex data and query tools
- Act as a liaison between HR Business partners, HR System owners, and IT to ensure integration in systems and processes is aligned
- Perform Point-of-Contact duties such as monitoring payroll , error resolution, email inquiries
- Participate on project teams as an active member for any project that impacts SAP HR
- Re-engineer and reduce administrative transactions and improve operational efficiency where possible by creating and running scripts for mass loads
- Subject matter expert for the SAP HR System
- Mentor and assist with the skill development of less experienced staff
- Collaborate with data governance group to ensure that the data into the system is set up to allow effective retrieval of the data out of the system at a later date
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 3-5 years experience in the payroll/HR Systems, data analytics, or system configuration
- Knowledge of SAP payroll system and/or Success Factors
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Post secondary education preferred, or relevant work experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of payroll processes
- In-depth knowledge of HR payroll and employee capital management systems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.