Business Insights Specialist
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 42775
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Marketing
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Foord St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Business Insights Specialist is a key member of our National Marketing Team. Based out of our Stellarton, NS or Mississauga Office, this individual will provide our Marketing Leaders across Canada with the necessary data to make informed decisions for their functional strategies. Our Business Insights Analyst will enjoy collaborating with other teams and functions to gather the necessary information for making value add insights that our Marketing team can action. The successful candidate will posess strong business accumen, understanding of the marketing functions and exhibit leadership skills that can influence all levels in the organization, including Executives.
- Ability to interpret complex analytics, reports & dashboards, research, 3rd party data suppliers and derive meaningful insights
- Own communication of business insights to marketing functional leadership to inform their plans and strategies (e.g., Field Marketing, Integrated Marketing, CRM/Loyalty and E-Commerce
- Deploy insights and key learnings into actionable recommendations for other organizational functions, through strong business knowledge
- Inform data-driven decision-making by educating and communicating analytics and research findings to the business leaders
- Collaborate with research and analytics teams to gather insights
- Pull key insights from critical teams, synthesize, and gather insights to inform other business teams and decisions
- Work with functional leadership (Directors and VPs) to incorporate consumer insights analysis into function-specific marketing plans and strategies
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of business Consumer Insights experience
- Excellent analytical ability and strong business knowledge and communication skills
- Exposure to and understanding of Field Marketing, Integrated Marketing, CRM/Loyalty and E-Commerce
- Leadership presence and proven ability to influence Executives and VP
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.