IT Project Manager Halifax
J.D. Irving, Limited - IT Division in Halifax, NS
IT Project Manager Halifax
Are you excited about the internet of things, data, mobility & innovative solutions while always focused on the delivery of the customer experience?
Then please, keep reading!
We are J.D. Irving, Limited & our Information Technology Team work with the latest and best technology and we are the destination of choice for curious, energetic & collaborative people!
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Dieppe, Fredericton, and Halifax, we offer our people the opportunity to add business value to our organization while enjoying the friendly and naturally beautiful lifestyle that only the Maritimes can offer.
We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in Maritimes! That's why, JDI.
We have a new opportunity!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Project Manager in Halifax, NS.
As a member of the JDI IT Division family, reporting to the Vice President of IT at the Halifax Shipyard, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of technology enabled business solutions. In this role, you will provide strong leadership in a dynamic and fast paced work environment towards enabling the growth and improvement of the business.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead the delivery of information technology projects into the J.D. Irving businesses through all stages of the project lifecycle from original concept to implementation
- Ensure business value is achieved thru IT investments by providing leadership of the solution implementation
- Responsible for all IT project requirements and artifacts, such as scope, schedule, cost, resourcing, risk, change and quality management
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review of project deliverables
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables
- Manage communications related to the project at all levels of the organization and across businesses; including executive levels
- Proactively engage in coaching and mentoring of team members to help staff reach optimal level of performance and foster a working environment open to new ideas and innovative solutions
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provide a single point of contact for those projects
Position Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering, MBA preferred
- Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years of project management and IT experience with demonstrated career progression
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation
- Proven track record of successfully leading and delivering major IT enabling projects, including ability to influence and facilitate working within and leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent leadership, people and process management skills with proven success of optimizing delivery in a fast paced environment
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and evaluate problems and provide solutions with the right sense of urgency
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels within the organization
- Influence decision making of stakeholders with sound judgment and analytical support
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.