Opportunity for Logistics Sales Executive
JDI Logistics in Multiple Locations
King, ON | Victoria, BC | Toronto, ON | Mississauga, ON | Levis, QC | Vancouver, BC
The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Limited is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors ( www.jdirving.com ). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking applicants for the position of Logistics Sales Executive.
A global provider of third-party logistics, warehousing and distribution, load brokerage, and intermodal marketing, JDI Logistics, offers solutions for the most complex and challenging material movements, utilizing a lean and efficient process model. From singular freight solutions to large supply chain management, JDI Logistics can integrate and manage a wide array of logistics services in both the United States and Canada.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Logistics Sales Executive is responsible for generating new business development opportunities within non-asset based Truckload, Less than Truck Load, Intermodal, Air, Ocean and Warehousing service offerings. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the management team to grow new business channels. This opportunity has flexibility on location, however preferably in Toronto or Montreal area.
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referral
- Closely manage a balanced sales funnel, executing all steps of the sales process from target to close to continually secure and grow new business
- Provide a solution-based sales approach to drive new business across multiple lines of business; LTL, Intermodal, air, ocean & warehousing
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports and trade spending analysis
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field
- Multi-modal freight forwarding experience in a sales function is required
- Operational experience within the logistics-based transportation industry is an asset
- Strong business knowledge of North American transportation modes and customers
- Driven self starter able to work within a remote team network
- Highly professional presentation and communication skills
- Technologically adept and digitally enabled
- Possession of a valid drivers' license; must be willing to travel
Please apply online for this Career Opportunity.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.