Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs 3,800 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
Faubourg du Mascaret is Shannex's first French language retirement living campus. Located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, New Brunswick, this campus offers a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines.
The future is bright at Shannex. Currently operating five retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of two new campuses in Miramichi. To support this growth, we are recruiting individuals who will deliver service and care that reflects our organizational values of Clients First, Improving Quality, Trusted Partnerships and Being Accountable
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Full Time, Permanent
Located at Faubourg du Mascaret in Moncton, NB and reporting to Executive Chef, the Sous-chef is part of the culinary team. The Sous-Chef assists in planning and preparing meals for clients. The Sous Chef is responsible for planning & preparing meals for clients residing in all service lines including: Retirement Living, Assisted Living and Long Term Care. The Sous Chef is also responsible for the receipt and inventory of food supply, supervision and mentorship of culinary team as well as ensuring safety and sanitation standards are met.
Primary responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include:
- Planning and preparing meals according to established standards, procedures, recipes and menus;
- Ordering, receiving, storing and rotating inventory of all required food and supplies;
- Maintaining safety and sanitation in the kitchen to meet legislative and organizational standards;
- Communicating regularly with clients to ensure satisfaction with foodservice;
- Supervising and mentoring cooks to ensure performance meets standards;
- Completing all duties in a way which is consistent with Shannex's Philosophy of Service: Your life. Your choice. Your Home.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a leadership/supervisory role in foodservice
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience in volume food preparation in hospitality or health care
- Food safety training /Food Handlers Course
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Red Seal Journeyman Cook's papers from certified institution
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment
- CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification
- Back in Form Lift and Transfer Program
- Free onsite Parking
- Flexible scheduling
- Hours range from 7am-7pm (no late evenings)
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and RRSP package
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applications will be kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.