Consultant - Security Penetration/Vulnerability Tester
Mariner Partners in Saint John, NB
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Security Solutions is seeking a Penetration/Vulnerability Tester consultant to help develop our high growth Security practice in Atlantic Canada and beyond.
Objectives / Deliverables:
- Conduct security testing in the form of vulnerability and penetration testing
- Conduct security reviews of network infrastructure
- Conduct security reviews of web application designs
- Conduct security reviews of planned workflows
- Conduct authenticated and non-authenticated testing
- Conduct white-box, grey box and black box testing
- Contribute to evolution of Mariner Risk Management testing methodology
- Act as SME for review of and working with third party vulnerability and penetration tests/testers
- Create, assess, update and execute testing plans
- Create test reports and provide suggested findings remediations
- Interface directly with clients
- 4+ years working in information security or IT security
- 2+ years security testing experience
- Excellent customer communications skills
- Desired Certifications: CEH, GIAC Pen Tester, OSCP, OSCE, etc., or equivalents and combined experience
- Knowledge of network and database architecture
- Knowledge of Linux/Windows/ Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities in web hosts/apps (e.g., SQL injection, XSS, etc.)
- Knowledge of common security standards and frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, etc.
- Knowledge of common open source and commercial testing tools such as Nessus, Acutnetix, Burp Suite, Metasploit, NMap, etc.)
- Knowledge of network security architecture (firewalls, DMZ's, routing, DNS, DHCP, WAP, etc.) desired
- Location preferences are Saint John, Fredericton, Moncton, Halifax, Ottawa, or GTA
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!
I'm interested Refer a friend
share this job
Share to WeChat