Senior Consultant - Cyber Risk Advisory
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Security Solutions is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity consultant to help develop our high growth Security practice in Atlantic Canada and beyond.
Objectives / Deliverables:
- Generate Security Risk Assessments for clients including business impact assessments, threat risk assessments
- Develop Security Policy for clients, including implementation plans and governance
- Provide security architecture guidance and assessment
- Able to conduct and/or assess vulnerability and penetration tests and their results
- Develop new client relationships
- Mentor less senior Security Analysts supporting talent growth within Mariner
- Contribute to evolution of Mariner Risk Management methodology
- Provide thought leadership and awareness of latest information security industry trends and innovations
- Create, assess, update and exercise business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Review firewall configurations and recommend adjustments
- Client oriented travel anticipated
- 5 or more years working in information security or IT security
- Successful track record of recommendations at CIO, CEO and Board or senior management level
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Desired Certifications: CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CBCP, CEH, PCIP, ISO27001, CCNA, MCSE, etc., or equivalents
- Experience with security standards such as ISO27001 and PCI-DSS
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as HIPAA, HiTrust, NIST, CIS, Cloud Security Alliance, etc.
- Knowledge of network and database architecture
- Experience with Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Plans desired
- Consulting experience a plus
- Computer forensics experience beneficial
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training combination desired
- Experience with Privacy Impact Assessments and/or Privacy requirements desired
- Applied knowledge of network security architecture (firewalls, DMZ's routing, DNS, DHCP, WAP, etc.) desired
- Location preferences are Saint John, Fredericton, Moncton, Halifax, Ottawa or GTA
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work - our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada's TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015's list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world's largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!