At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
As the Opinion Associate Editor you will be responsible for seeking out and editing a diverse group of contributing writers from across the country for the comment pages of Maclean?s. Your work will help drive the national conversation on important news stories and issues that matter to Canadians. You will be responsible for having an endless supply of good ideas and an openness to opinion that challenges and provokes meaningful debate. You will be able to work with and develop new writers of all political stripes.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with a stable of contributing writers and editors
- Find new voices worthy of a national audience who can provide challenging and thought-provoking ideas
- Insure a daily flow of commentary from around the world for the opinion pages of Maclean?s
- Work closely with other editors on a daily basis to generate new ideas and to develop and promote stories
- Bring a steady stream of great ideas into the newsroom, and be equally enthusiastic about executing others' ideas.
What you have:
- Minimum of 5+ years editing experience or similar experience writing or reporting at a national news organization
- Proven ability to collaborate and help foster new talent
- Experience working across digital platforms
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what?s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Toronto || [[mfield2]] ||