DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
(Administrative Services Level III)
Mount Carleton Provincial Park
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join Mount Carleton Provincial Park as a seasonal Administrative Supervisor.
As a member of the Mount Carleton Provincial Park, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the work of the reception team and sales and service staff;
- Complete employee performance appraisals;
- Look after employee orientation and training;
- Supervise activities related to the sale of season tickets;
- Compile statistical data for the park;
- Handle customer complaints and do follow-up;
- Check deposits prepared by sales and service staff;
- Set work schedules and approve time sheets;
- Participate in weekly supervisors' meetings;
- Offer support to sales and service staff and new employees;
- Submit all reports to the park manager (activities, problems, broken equipment, etc.);
- Performing other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED, supplemented by successful completion of one (1) year post-secondary program in office administration or related field. A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience, including one (1) year of supervisory experience. Considerable experience working with Microsoft Office Suite is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the knowledge of the Online NB Parks Reservation Service system.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application the asset qualification in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required: working on weekends and/or variable hours.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Team Leadership
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Concern for Order
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to use office technology, software and applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
Employment in this seasonal position will be for the summer and winter seasons.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: $1,432 to $1,737 bi-weekly.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address before December 18, 2018 indicating competition number THC-18-30.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Place Marysville, 4th floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!