Two Operations Workers II
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE
TWO OPERATIONS WORKERS II
Mount Carleton Provincial Park
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking two individuals to join the Mount Carleton Provincial Park as Operations Workers II for the Summer and Winter seasons.
As members of the Mount Carleton Provincial Park, the successful candidates will be responsible of the following primary duties:
- Park trails maintenance;
- Grounds maintenance including: flower beds, shrubs, pruning trees, mowing, garbage collection, cleaning campsites, cleaning washrooms, kitchen shelters, comfort stations, picnic areas, public beach and sailboat marina;
- Equipment and machinery operations including: chainsaws, mowers, trimmers, wood splitter, wood chipper, tractor, backhoe, bulldozer and groomer;
- Winter maintenance including; shoveling, snow removal, sanding, clearing roofs, doorways and gate;
- Maintaining the outdoor rink;
- Vehicle and automotive equipment maintenance;
- Working with the public and delivering information to park clients;
- Assisting with special park events organization, as required;
- Other tasks, as required;
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of grade 10 and related work experience. A valid Class 5 Driver's License is required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Please attach a copy of your driver's license and a current Driver's Abstract (available from Service New Brunswick) with your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- WHIMIS certification;
- First Aid training;
- Possession of a certified chainsaw operator certificate;
- Trail maintenance & repair experience.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements are also required: working on weekends, shift work and/or variable hours.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
Employment in this seasonal position will normally be for the summer and winter seasons.
Résumés should be chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address before December 18, 2018 indicating competition number THC-18-29.
Department of Tourism, Heritage & Culture
Human Resource Branch
Marysville Place, 4th floor,
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we promote a scent-reduced environment.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!