Manager Finance, Business Technology
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 47840
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 20 - 30%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Manager, Finance - Business Technology to join our National Finance team. This position has the option to be based out of our office in Stellarton, NS, Mississauga, ON or Montreal, QC.
Note: We will only be considering applicants who are fully bilingual (French/English) for this role
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Manage strategy for long term financial system harmonization in collaboration with the finance leadership team
- Oversee all Finance and Business Intelligence system identification and implementation and management (Tango/Central Finance etc) including managing third party contractors/consultants
- Support objective and plans to close current alignment gaps and optimize finance IT and Business Intelligence systems. Including adjusting priorities as circumstances change
- Manage functional team and drive engagement in finance and Business Intelligence system identification and implementations:
- Identify business lead and resources
- Support finance business in setting objectives and priorities
- Discovery phase (current versus future state)
- Define detail functional requirements
- Engage with IT function for solution mining (internal versus external)
- Contribute and support LOB during project phase:
- IT function during RFP process and legal contract negotiations (if applicable);
- IT function in defining project charter
- IT function - Project manager
- Human resource function - change management / training / communication
- Finance function - user acceptance testing
- Finance function - deployment
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Technology, Business or related field
- 5+ years' experience in Finance/Accounting - or related experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience leading projects
- Understanding of Role-Based Security / Segregation of Duties considered an asset
- Solution oriented
- Ability to understand business operations and the implications on finance systems
- Ability to analyze and make sound decisions
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Ability to conduct research into project /system related issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence others
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual (French/English) Required
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.