Solution Designer: Java EE, API and SOAP Web Services
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Solution Designer, you'll be contributing to CIBC's digital landscape by successfully designing complex and Enterprise-wide initiatives involving multiple back-end systems. You will join our Remote Banking & Shared Services team and become responsible for the functional design of applications within variety of technical platforms . As you lead the planning and strategy for the technical design, development, and integration of these applications, you'll help build the future of our Bank.
How You'll Succeed
- Design & Develop: Perform and coordinate complex application design activities. Understand the Business requirements and translate them into design specifications to be used by development and QA teams. Design and document the application's technical functionality, infrastructure, database, interfaces and integrations. Lead the design of cost-effective and innovative solutions to meet Business objectives, and also maintain and enhance the existing applications.
- Technology Roadmap: Develop 1-3 year technology roadmaps to align with CIBC's overall vision & strategy. Spearhead multiple complex projects involving strategic solutions, new technologies and innovations
- Strong Leadership: Act as the lead designer, and interface with the project teams by arranging and moderating design review sessions to walk stakeholders through, and ensure that the overall design aligns with Business and project requirements as well as architectural directions. Support and mentor intermediate and senior designers and developers through knowledge sharing, collaboration and effective problem solving.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 5 years of hands-on experience as a Solution Designer, or in a similar role. You have practical working knowledge of Rational Unified Process, Agile, UML Diagrams, SOA Design Patterns, Java EE, JMS/MQ/Messaging, Enterprise Service Bus and Middlewares, API and Soap Web Services, Oracle Weblogic, and Database. You have strong verbal and written communication skills as you'll be required to effectively interact with different stakeholders, end-users, business and technology teams to gather requirements, create design specifications, discuss the pros and cons of different solutions, and present your design to upper management and architects. You have a good understanding of Software Security concepts (like SAML, JWT, Authentication, Authorization, Access Control, Single-Sign-On) as well as infrastructure (like VM and Cloud), capacity, high availability and other Non-Functional features. You are a highly motivated and resourceful individual who can manage multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience with a Financial Institution is considered a strong asset.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - Trust, Teamwork, and Accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home.
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity.
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.