J.D. Irving, Limited - Sawmill Division in Chipman, NB
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882 , J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Process Improvement.
As a key resource to the Sawmills team, the successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and detail. In this position, you will work with the various stakeholders in the sawmills setting as required by the business.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in forestry, technical, or mechanical-related degree program
- Years of Experience Required: 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification would be an asset
- Committed to top performance in a safe work environment
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Leading process improvement projects across various functional areas of the organization using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Data collection and analysis, including financial analysis of potential and active projects
- Ensuring projects are in control and measuring savings
- Promoting continuous improvement through various forms of communication
- Working with the operations team to identify priority areas for improvement in the region
- Working with divisional process owners to implement divisional initiatives in the region.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.