CIBC in Toronto, ON
Agile Application Consultant
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll contribute to CIBC's Digital transformation by successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale projects. As an Agile Application Consultant,you will be working with CIBC's Remote Banking and Shared Services department , you will lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems. As you lead the agile planning and strategy for the technical design, development, and integration of these applications, you'll help build the future of banking.
How You'll Succeed
- Design & Develop: Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities: Design application's technical infrastructure and leading the design and development: specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches. Contribute to agile team goals by collaborating with other functions in the team, actively participating in Scrum ceremonies and expanding the technical capabilities of the team through continuous learning and sharing of skills and knowledge. Stay up to date with current trends in the application development and create best practices.
- Technology Roadmap: Develop 1-3 year technology roadmaps to align with overall vision & strategy. Perform and coordinate complex application programming activities within the scrum team: develop specifications, code, test, debug, document, and adjust in order to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of programs . Design application's technical infrastructure: specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong Leadership: Act as the agile development team lead and interface with the project team including providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for the development team and leading code-review sessions to ensure overall code quality aligns with business and project requirements. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers through knowledge sharing, collaboration and effective problem solving.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 5-8 years of extensive experience in Object Oriented Design, Java development, Microservices architecture platforms, SOAP, JSON and RESTFul web services, Test Driven Development (TDD), writing Unit Test as well as a pulse on innovative technology; You have strong knowledge of DB, SQL, DevOps, GitHub, Docker and Cloud.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision. You are passionate about client service - pay attention to details, maintain high standards for quality and want the work you do each day to result in a positive client experience.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- The successful candidate for this role may be on call at times, and required to be accessible 24/7