Developer - DevOps
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, we develop cutting edge Digital Health solutions for our members, partners, advisors, health care providers and group administrators. We are an in-house, innovation led, IT shop that is 300+ strong and growing! Whether you are just starting your career as a new grad or you are an experienced developer, we have challenging and rewarding roles and we are looking for top talent.
Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- An organization where we encourage personal learning, growth and giving back to our communities
Your every day with us
You'll play an integral role working with IT operations and software development teams, supporting software configuration and deployment activities for applications and infrastructure environments. You'll be a key stakeholder of the evolving development workflows towards Agile practices.
We're looking for developers who enjoy collaboration and want to champion DevOps principles and processes.
This position will join our Build and Deploy Operations Team (BDO), and is best suited for those who can build relationships, drive towards repeatable automated processes, and like to achieve collaborative goals.
- Execute and improve application delivery processes and tools.
- Administer and maintain tools for CICD and DevOps Pipelines.
- Maintain standards and automation for build, configuration, deployment & release activities
- Maintain custom automation solutions and scripts. (such as config/deploy engine)
- Support development teams with build, configuration and deploy activities of their apps.
- Assist IT teams with configuration, upgrades and migration of infrastructure environments.
- Perform daily build, config, test and deploy activities.
- Build and maintain Infrastructure as Code.
- Collaborate with application and technical teams to ensure rapid delivery of quality apps & features.
Education: University or college diploma in Computer Science, or similar program, preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered
Experience: Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform. Available to provide on-call support to application teams for deployments during off-hours as required.
Analytical Thinking: Learns quickly when engaged with problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change, provide excellent customer service
Communication Skills: Is able to clearly communicate processes and procedures, able to contribute in a group setting
Customer Orientation: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; able to deal with all Medavie teams and external clients in a professional manner
Execution and Organizational Skills: Able to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing fast paced environment
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Oracle, Computer Science, Linux, Technology