Senior Manager, Business Insight Analyst
TD Bank Group in Multiple Locations
Wikwemikong, ON | Ottawa, ON
It is our People who make the difference in the dynamic and diversified businesses of Personal Banking. It is the engagement, development and recognition of the accomplishments of our employees that has created an environment where individuals are inspired to exceed business objectives.
Reporting directly to the AVP, Personal Banking Analytics, the Senior Manager Business Insight Analyst, will lead a team of high performing Business Insight Analysts in working with the Personal Banking business to develop and implement best-in-class analytical solutions and help make analytics a competitive advantage for TD.
The individual will have full ownership of analytical strategy for Personal Banking and will work in close consultation with executives and data and analytics teams across Personal Banking and the enterprise. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who want to work in a fast paced and high impact business teams.
Time Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Hours 37.5 Business Line TD Canada Trust Job Family Business Insights & Analytics Job Category - Primary Enterprise Data & Analytics Job Category(s) Enterprise Data & Analytics Job Description
- Act as a "Single Point of Contact' for all Product Analytics initiatives including partnering with Enterprise Analytics Centre of Excellence
- Represent product as analytics expert on advanced analytics projects, challenging analytical thinking and methodology
- Manage relationships with product partners and other key internal and external partners (Enterprise Analytics, Data Governance & Reporting, Marketing, Customer Strategy, etc.)
- Deliver a comprehensive annual (or longer term) analysis plan linked to key business imperatives
- Ensure team collaboration with partners on business problems/issues and develop analytic solutions to support insight generation that align to strategy and drives shareholder value
- Identify opportunities to further optimize our current product suite through self-initiated business insights
- Build understanding of big data and advanced analytics capability within Personal Banking - leveraging Centre of Excellence and determine how to apply to Personal Banking
- Identify and articulate personal banking long term data needs (e.g. Internal data availability, external data priorities)
- Challenge analytical thinking within personal banking product and guide analysts through tactical analytic plans
- Co-design statistically optimized experiments and tests with product, marketing, operations and channel partners
- Manage and develop a team of high performing Business Insight and Data Analysts.
- Coach a team of Analysts performing at an enhanced level, challenging their work and methodologies
- Enhance analytics capability by developing a "best-in-class" analytics team that delivers meaningful insights that drive measurable business value. Help make analytics a competitive advantage for TD.
- Oversee strategies to attract, motivate and retain a highly diverse, qualified and engaged team to fulfill current and future business needs, creating and sustaining a high performing inclusive culture.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven analytical thinker with track record of delivering business impact and results through developing and executing on innovative analytics solutions
- Ability to perform and use predictive analytics to develop detailed business cases and explain business value of projects
- Focus on data driven customer segmentation and providing sensitivity analysis through model or data simulations.
- Business and product knowledge & ability to provide meaningful insights for sound decision making
- Technical understanding to develop and challenge Business Insight & Data Analysts (Understand coding and modeling best practices)
- Strong understanding of test and experimental design (Test and Learn)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Passion for analytics and a customer-driven mindset
- Experience working in both a technical and business context and able to translate technical concepts into easy to understand business language
- In-depth industry knowledge, including current big data trends and challenges globally
- Strong analytic skills, including statistical and segmentation analysis; data analysis and insight development; financial statement and competitive analysis
- Advanced university degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or other analytically based discipline, preferably at a Masters degree or above
- 7+ years of relevant experience in analytics, data science and/or consulting, ideally in an influencing or advisory capacity
- Experience managing a team of highly capable business insight and data analysts (Experience managing data scientists and advanced modelers is a bonus)
- Strong knowledge of analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, and MS Office applications such as Access, Excel and Power Point
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
**Province/State (Primary) Ontario City (Primary) Toronto ProvState 2 Ontario City(s) 2 Ottawa ProvState 3 Ontario City(s) 3 Montreal