BIM Specialist - Electrical Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an Electrical - BIM Specialist to join our Centre-Block Rehabilitation team, located at our downtown Ottawa office. Reporting to the Team Lead of the Mechanical & Electrical group this position will be responsible for setting up Revit models and maintaining file structure for projects and skillfully work Revit; creating views, accurate object placement and manipulation.
- Creation of electrical drawings for facilities such as lighting systems, power systems, communications, security and fire detection in compliance with OESC
- Set up new CAD drawings and Revit models and maintain file structure for projects.
- Work with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation.
- Skillfully work in both Revit and AutoCAD; including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation.
- Create electronic data files in compliance with WSP and project requirements.
- Convert redlines to document-ready work.
- Publish, post, and manage drawing sets.
- Maintain drawing revisions.
- Assist other staff with CAD and Revit issues and mentor design staff in Design Technology systems use.
- Add insight and make recommendations to add efficiencies and value to CAD and BIM production.
- Coordination with other departments and disciplines including Architectural, Mechanical, Structural and Civil to ensure that Electrical package matches and is integrated into the project drawing package
- Electrical Engineering Technology diploma or Electrical Engineering Degree
- A minimum of 2+ years of design experience on a variety of commercial, government and institutional building and facility projects
- Must be fully proficient with Revit
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards: OESC, NFPA, OBC, NEC, ANSI
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Excel
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills (reliable, communicates clearly with team members, positive attitude); also able to work well independently
- Ability to assess workload, prioritize tasks, communicate with team members about design status, and ability to meet deadlines
- Sustainable technology knowledge and LEED accreditation an asset
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail; well-organized
- Courteous and professional manner
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.