WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join our Sustainability & Energy team in Vancouver.
WSP's Sustainability & Energy team are widely recognized as pioneers in the Sustainability & Energy market. You will be joining an incredible 'think-tank', consisting of extremely bright, innovative, solution-driven professionals.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability & Energy for BC and the Yukon, this role includes responsibility for supporting the Sustainability & Energy team in the BC and Yukon in administrative tasks, marketing, and project coordination. This includes day to day administrative tasks such as booking meeting spaces, organizing small events, assisting the team in beginning and maintaining opportunities and projects, formatting reports and presentations to be client-ready, maintaining a calendar of events and more. The Coordinator is responsible for supporting all team members such that the team can operate in an efficient and organized manner.
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in supporting and delivering administrative tasks and marketing, and a personal interest for sustainability.
General Administrative Duties
- Assisting in managing the Director's schedule;
- Assist the team in developing, writing and editing reports and other deliverables for issue to clients and project correspondence;
- Help develop and/or improve internal processes and templates.
- Contribute to supporting certification applications such as LEED & BOMA.
- Coordinate meetings, including agenda setting, note-taking and development of minutes.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
Marketing and Proposals
- Coordinate and produce proposals and marketing documents and materials. These include data entry of letters of introduction, formal responses to proposal calls as well as the graphics for proposals, brochures, advertisements, mail outs;
- Assist in preparing "Go-No Go" evaluations including research of proposals;
- Prepare and update proposal and prospects using database software;
- Manage and update the Team's project data sheets, resumes and other relevant marketing material;
- Organizing logistics for small events like Lunch & Learns and meetings;
- Formatting and preparing PowerPoint presentations for external delivery;
- Maintaining a calendar of industry events and coordinating registration;
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Degree or diploma (specialty in marketing, communications or business an asset);
- 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Graphic design and desk top publication skills an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and adapt to shifting priorities;
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and decision-making skills;
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to success in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills;
- Punctual, reliable, detail oriented, task oriented, and organized.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.