Director, Application Services (Wholesale Banking)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
CIBC are committed to building a Cross-Asset Derivatives service infrastructure, trading, risk management platform to be used globally across all regions and all businesses. The system has been rolled out to a number of desks already and the scope of the project is set to grow rapidly over the coming years as new functionality is implemented to support additional business lines and asset classes.
You will have an understanding of trading and financial products and be expected to work closely with end users (Trading, Risk Management, Trade Control, Middle office and Finance), Business Analysts, Developers and QA located in global CIBC offices. You will become an expert in Global Market software platforms across CIBC.
Manage a local application support team in Toronto, responsible for influencing the design, architecture and operational effectiveness of all equity application systems covering multiple asset classes. Provide extensive technical and operational expertise to facilitate, support and enhance service delivery for development of processes and support of risk, trading and service based application services. Act as a key contact point between users and technology teams by building relationships with our stakeholders.
How You'll Succeed
- Design and Development: Implement innovative solutions for software, data processing, monitoring and support procedures. Exercise defensive strategies to guard technology against failures and implement best practices. Demonstrate knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Technical Troubleshooting : Share knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Consulting: Build relationships with key technology and business stakeholders and awareness of their respective roles within the organization - managing users' expectations with clear, concise and transparent communication. Share knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients within and outside own area. Provide consultation services as it relates to the xTrader application, interfaces and batch processing.
- Leadership Skills: Lead your team of 7 to take ownership of user issues, manage communications between affected groups and senior management teams from technology in addition to front, middle, back office teams. Run code-review sessions with the wider team to ensure the project is on track to meet objectives. Support and mentor intermediate and senior developers by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving. Builds relationships with key technology and business stakeholders and awareness of their respective roles within the organization.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: Understanding of derivatives business processes (front, middle, back offices) and Equity products and the trade life cycle; including risk analysis, PnL, trade execution, regulatory requirements and maturity across multiple asset classes. Demonstrate fluid interaction with technology platforms including database, network, hardware, software, operating systems and typical industry tools (E.g.: SQL Server, Autosys, etc.) It's an asset if you have previous experience with the support of trading or risk applications on a trade floor. Experience working with risk, P&L and market data is desirable but not essential.
- You have a degree/diploma: Strong numerical and analytical skills supported by a minimum 2.1 bachelor's or master's degree in a numerical, engineering or computer science related discipline (Economics background desirable).
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision. You are passionate about client service - You want the work you do each day to result in a positive client experience.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit