WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Planner to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, located at our Thornhill or Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for supplementing our land use planning group on projects involving all aspects of land use planning for both public and private sector clients in Ontario. The successful candidates can expect to be challenged in a variety of tasks undertaken in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment .
- Preparing planning policy and zoning reviews for municipal and development clients;
- Obtaining planning and development approvals;
- Preparing municipal planning documents such as official plans, zoning by-laws, and secondary plans;
- Research and presentation of planning analysis;
- Support during public consultation processes; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Planning;
- 1 to 3 years of progressive experience in a municipal or consulting environment;
- Eligibility in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Public Consultation experience is an asset;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, query, analyze, and effectively communicate information;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service;
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills; and
- Valid Ontario Driver's License is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.