Pharmacy Technician (Casual), SJHO Gen Pharmacy
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35904 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJHO Gen Pharmacy
FACILITY: St. Joseph's Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Pharmacy Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Pharmacy Technician
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, Standby and Call Back, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $21.4759 to $23.1168 per hour (Subject to Employment Status may be paid at 90% of the indicated rate as per CUPE collective agreement article 6.08 a)
Responsible to interact with patients to gather medication related information and provide instruction, checking the accuracy of medication preparation by others, supervising Pharmacy Technician students and acquiring, preparing and distributing medications and pharmaceutical products
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacist and licensed to practice in New Brunswick.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for:
- Checking medication prepared by other Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants and Pharmacy Assistant - Delegated Checkers
- Meeting with patients and gather medication related information to create best possible medication history. Assisting Pharmacists in the implementation and monitoring of the patient medication care plan
- Providing instruction to patients on medication related tools and devices.
- Precepting Pharmacy Technician students and provide orientation to Pharmacy students.
- Preparing and labeling sterile products such as total parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy agents, intravenous admixtures and other sterile products that require specialized techniques.
- Preparing, labeling and distributing pharmaceutical products
- Ordering and receiving pharmaceuticals including maintaining inventories Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment:
Competencies identified by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) 2014:
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Responsibilities
- Patient Care
- Product Distribution
- Practice Setting
- Health Promotion Knowledge and Research Application
- Communication and Education8 Intra and Inter-Professional Collaboration
- Quality and Safety
Competencies identified Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Patient/Client Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35904-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.