Power Engineer 2 (Casual), SJRH Plant Operation
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35902 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH Plant Operation
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Power Engineer 2
CLASSIFICATION: Power Engineer 2 (2020)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL-Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $24.0182 to $25.8532 per hour
The Power Engineer 2 is responsible for operating and maintaining a heating/power plant and auxiliary equipment.
- Must hold a valid 3rd class power engineer's license in accordance with the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act.
- Must have two years of previous experience. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Power Engineer 2 is responsible for:
- Operating, maintaining, analyzing and troubleshooting a boiler and auxiliary equipment
- Monitoring and assessing environmental data and maintaining a fuel delivery system
- Analyzing and maintaining water treatment and distribution systems
- Overhauling and repairing boilers
- Monitoring automatic controls within the power plant
- Operating, maintaining, isolating and repairing plant equipment
- Observing and adjusting computerized building systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
- Performing minor repairs within codes and regulations such as plumbing, electrical and carpentry
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-35902-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.