PCA2 (Permanent Full Time), Nursing Resource Center
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35920 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Resource Center
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: PCA2
CLASSIFICATION: Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $19.9323 to $21.4551 per hour
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for assisting with the delivery of patient care.
- High school graduation plus a patient care program/course of at least six months duration or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Patient Care Attendant 2 is responsible for:
- Assisting with feeding, bathing, and dressing
- Assisting with mobilizing, positioning and transferring patients
- Assisting with walking and other range of motion exercises
- Assisting other health care providers with procedures
- Setting up equipment and supplies for procedures
- Performing delegated patient care tasks
- Portering patients or transporting items
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 5, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35920-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.